Information pursuant to Art. 13 / 14 GDPR for applicants
Thank you for your interest in working for our company. Data protection and thus also the protection of your personal data, which we process in the context of the application procedure, are of great importance to us. The data, such as your name, address, additional contact data and other information, are always processed in accordance with the legal requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG [Bundesdatenschutzgesetz]).
The purpose of this information is to inform you about the processing of your personal data in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 GDPR and to explain your rights. “Personal data” includes all information relating to a specific or identifiable person, such as name, address and e-mail address. The “processing” of your data means any form of usage by us, such as the use, storage, deletion or forwarding of this data.
We need your data to decide whether we want to enter into an employment relationship with you. This applies in particular to data concerning your professional qualifications and your expertise and skills.
B. Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The party responsible for processing your personal data is:
Contact details of the data protection officer(s):
C. Categories and sources of data
If you apply for a job with us, we will receive personal data from you and, if necessary, also from third parties.
This information includes in particular your personal details (for example name, date of birth, gender, address) and your professional qualifications. In addition, personal data may arise from the documentation of a job interview or from evaluation documents prepared by us.
If you have an account in a career-oriented social network such as Xing or LinkedIn, we may also collect data from your profile page that is publicly accessible.
D. Purposes of processing and legal basis
We process your personal data exclusively for the purpose of carrying out the application procedure.
Should we conclude an employment contract with you, your personal data (i.e. name, address, telephone number, certificates etc.) may also be processed for the purpose of carrying out the employment relationship in compliance with the statutory provisions. In this case we will inform you once again about the processing of your personal data within the scope of the employment relationship.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is § 26 paragraph 1 sentence 1 BDSG in conjunction with the provisions of the GDPR.
The processing may also be necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests as a company, unless your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms prevail (Article 6 para. 1. letter f GDPR). In the event that we invoke the existence of legitimate interests as justification for data processing, these legitimate interests arise from Articles 12 and 14 of the German Basic Law, in particular from our interest in the effective administration and management of our operational procedures, in increasing the efficiency of our operational procedures and processes and in the further development of our company.
Processing may also be justified if you have given your consent to the processing of personal data concerning you for one or more specific purposes, such as with respect to the consideration of your application in future job postings (Article 6 para. 1. letter a GDPR, § 26 para. 2 BDSG). It is possible that, in addition to the consent given by you, we may also be entitled to process your data on the basis of one of the legal provisions mentioned above.
In the event that we invoke your consent as justification for data processing, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time. Revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
E. Transfer of your data
Internally, the employees in the Human Resources Department responsible for the application procedure as well as colleagues from the respective specialist departments concerned will have access to your data insofar as this is necessary for the decision on whether to establish an employment relationship with you.
We would like to make you aware of the fact that we will transfer your data to our customers, as far as this is necessary for your job within one of our projects for the customer, e.g. for the acquisition of orders or the execution of our contractual relations with our customers.
F. Storage duration
We will only store your personal data to the extent and for as long as this is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected by us or made available to us by you. We therefore store your personal data as follows:
- for the duration of the application process;
- if your application was unsuccessful, after notification of the rejection decision, for as long as we need the data to clarify any queries or disputes;
- if you have explicitly agreed that we should also consider your application in the context of future job postings, your data may also be stored for a longer period as appropriate;
- if a corresponding legal obligation exists to store the data for a longer period of time, for the duration of this legal period.
After the storage purpose has ceased to apply or a statutory storage period has expired, we will delete your personal data in accordance with the legal provisions.
G. Your rights
According to the GDPR you are entitled to the following rights:
- In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, you can request information about the processing of your personal data.
- If the personal data processed by us is incorrect or incomplete, you can demand its correction in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR.
- Under the conditions of Art. 17 and 18 GDPR, you can request the deletion and restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to data portability in the cases specified therein. This means that both you yourself receive the data in a structured, common and machine-readable format and you can also request that the data is transferred to a third party if this is technically feasible.
- In accordance with 21 GDPR you may object to the processing of your data in those cases in which we rely on our legitimate interests as justification for processing.
Please contact the person responsible indicated under B. if you wish to exercise your rights.
If you would like to know more about your rights, you can of course also contact the company Data Protection Officer at the address specified.
In addition to the rights mentioned above, you have the right to appeal to a regulatory authority. The State Data Protection Commissioner for the Federal State of Berlin is responsible for our company. The email address is:
H. Safety of your data
As the controller of your data, we have taken what we consider to be the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the most comprehensive protection of your personal data possible. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be no security gaps when transferring data via the Internet. For this reason we offer you the option of sending us your application documents by mail. Please send the documents to the following address: Meelogic Consulting AG, Stralauer Allee 2c, 10245 Berlin.
I. Additional regulation for applications for Poland
In accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (OJ L 119 of 4 May 2016), we inform that:
1) Meelogic Polska Sp. z o.o.is the administrator of your personal data (ul. Cyfrowa 4, 71-441 Szczecin)
2) Your personal data will be processed for the needs of current and future recruitment – based on Article 6(1)(a) of the general data protection regulation of 27 April 2016 and the Labor Code of 26 June1974,
3) Your personal data will be stored for the period of 1/2 years designated by the administrator,
4) The recipients of your personal data will be only entities authorized to obtain personal data on the basis of legal regulations and entities cooperating in the recruitment process,
5) You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to correct it, delete or limit processing, the right to object to the processing, the right to transfer data, and the right to withdraw consent at any time,
6) You have the right to place a complaint with the supervisory authority,
7) Providing personal data is mandatory based on the law and it is voluntary in the remaining scope.
Please note that we only can process your application if you agree to the regulations above by adding the following sentence to your application.
“In accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (OJ L 119 of 4 May 2016), I agree to the processing of my personal data for the needs of current and future recruitment.”